General Terms and Conditions of Business
§ 1 General
g-lab GmbH Gladbacher Str. 78, 40219 Düsseldorf, Germany, managing director: Björn Gericke, phone: +49 211 436 1670, email@example.com (hereinafter "g-lab" or "we"), operates an online shop at the internet address www.g-lab.com (the "Website"). All orders placed by you via the Website as well as our deliveries and services are governed exclusively by the General Terms and Conditions of Business set out below, as applicable at the time the order is placed. We do not accept any diverging terms and conditions from the customer except where specifically agreed in writing.
§ 2 Contracts
1. The languages available for contracts depend on the country of destination selected:
2. The presentation of products on our Website does not constitute any offer by g-lab.com for a purchase contract.
3. By submitting the order form provided on our Website to us you are placing a binding offer for a purchase contract with us. You submit an offer by entering all required information during the ordering process and posting the order form to us by using the button "complete purchase". Before you submit your offer you will be able to view the details input by you and correct any mistakes in the information provided.
4. On receipt of your order we will send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your order and stating the details of your order (order confirmation). Please note that our order confirmation does not constitute a declaration of acceptance of your contractual offer but serves for information purposes only.
5. A purchase contract between you and g-lab will become effective only after we have accepted the offer by dispatching the goods ordered. If payment in advance was chosen as payment option, the goods will be dispatched only after the full amount has been credited to our account.
6. g-lab has the right to refuse any offer without stating a reason, especially if there are legitimate grounds to suspect that the goods purchased via the internet are intended to be resold on a commercial basis.
§ 3 Cancellation policy advisory
The cancellation policy applies solely to consumers under § 13 of the German Civil Code of Law. Consumers are all individuals that complete a transaction that is not attributable to their commercial or self-employed occupation.
You may repeal your contract of purchase within 14 days without having to state reasons.
The allocated cancellation timeframe is 14 days, effective the day that you or an assigned third party, who may not be the carrier/courier, took said commodities into their possession.
To administer your right to cancel your order, you have to inform us, g-lab GmbH, Gladbacher Str.78, 40219 Düsseldorf, Germany, firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone +49 211 436 1670 , Fax: +49 211 436 167 27, by sending us an explicit declaration stating that you are repealing your contract of purchase (for example: by sending us a letter in the mail, fax, or an email). You may use the cancellation template that is attached; however, it is not mandatory to use this template.
It will suffice to send us your notification of repeal within the given cancellation timeframe in order for the 14-day cancellation timeframe to be granted.
If you repeal your contract of purchase, we are obligated to refund all payments that we have received from you, including shipping costs (excluding additional shipping costs that result from choosing a different shipping option, other than the regular standard shipping option that we offer) immediately and within 14 days at most, effective the day that we receive your repeal.
The payment method which was used to make the transaction will also be used for the reimbursement, unless we have explicitly agreed to something else. You will not be charged any fees for the reimbursement.
We reserve the right to withhold the reimbursement until we have received the returned items or until we have received your notification that you have returned the items, whichever comes first.
The items have to be sent back to us immediately and no later than fourteen days after the date on which you have notified us of the cancellation of this contract. The extended deadline will be granted if the items are sent back within fourteen days. All return shipments are at our expense.
You are only required to compensate us for any loss in value if the loss in value can be traced back to unnecessary handling, which goes beyond the admissible proofing of the condition of the item, its characteristics and functionality.
End of advisory
You can download the cancellation template here. We will also send you a hard copy of the cancellation template as soon as the contract has been concluded.
§ 4 Returns right
1. All of the items featured on g-lab can be returned to g-lab within 14 days of receipt. The right of return only applies to non-faulty items that are in their original condition, have not been worn, altered or washed; with all tags attached.
2. Return shipments
2.1. All return shipments from Germany will be at our expense, if the following provisions are complied with.
2.2 All return shipments from Germany are made solely using DHL service by contacting the g-lab customer service for a free return note. The necessary documents and instructions for returning items will be enclosed in your package. All returns from outside Germany the cost of returning goods to g-lab is responsibility of the customer. Please ensure the package is sent on a tracked service like UPS or DHL. All returned goods remain responsibility of the customer until they have reached g-lab.
2.3 Please note that we can only accept returns from the country which the shipment was sent to. If the shipment was sent to Austria, for instance, we can only accept a return from Austria.
2.4. In case of a return, we will refund the money onto your account/credit card. Potential losses due to currency fluctuations will not be refunded.
2.5. Please send all returns to: g-lab GmbH, c/o ITG GmbH Neuss, Graf-Landsberg-Str. 3-5, 41460 Neuss, Germany, email@example.com.
3. If you have questions regarding our returns policy, please contact a customer service representative:
Phone: +49 211 436 1670
Fax: +49 211 436 167 27
This right of return does not limit your legal rights nor does it limit your right to the above-mentioned cancellation policy.
§5 Prices; product presentation; availability; promotion code
1. The prices stated on our Website www.g-lab.com at the time of your order apply.
2. The goods offered at g-lab are presented on the Website in the form of digital photographs of the actual products. Minor discrepancies between the presentation and the actual products do not qualify as a defect in the goods ordered.
3. If you have ordered several items at the same time, the products may be delivered at different times. Sec. 266 BGB remains unaffected. Shipping costs will be incurred only once in any such case.
4. Promotion Code
4.1 Promotion codes have different time periods of validity and are applicable for purchase of any product available on the website, except additional Gift Cards. To determine the validity period, please refer to the document which contains the promotion code.
4.2 Exchanges or reimbursements of promotion codes, which were part of a marketing promotion or which you may have received on behalf of g-lab.com, are non-permissible. The disbursement of promotional codes is not permissible outside of the standard return timeframe stated in our terms and conditions.
4.3 g-lab cannot be held responsible for any fraudulent or non-authorised uses of promotion codes.
4.4 g-lab reserves the right to cancel or block the promotion code, if deemed necessary due to legal reasons, for example, in case of loss or misuse of the promotion code. You will be informed immediately g-lab in the case of cancelling or blocking the promotion code.
4.5 Return policy for orders purchased using a promotion code:
If you make use of legal right of return or our voluntary return policy, you will be reimbursed for the total amount of the returned items. If you are returning only one of the items from your order, the value of the promotion code will be adjusted accordingly, and only the amount relevant to the returned item will be refunded. The promotion code loses its validity proportionate to the worth of the returned item. If you are returning your complete order, the amount paid will be refunded in full, but the promotion code can no longer be applied to future purchases. Please note that promotion codes from sales campaigns cannot be replaced or refunded.
§ 6 Storage of contract data
We store your order data. If you wish to print your order, you may do so by printing out an "acknowledgment of receipt". It will appear on your screen once you have submitted your order to us by clicking the "complete purchase" button and your credit card details have been verified.
In addition, you will receive an email order confirmation stating all details entered as well as the cancellation template, which can be printed.
§ 7 Shipping & dispatch
1. Your package will be shipped with DHL. In Germany, you may choose DHL Express, or DHL Standard as your preferred shipping method. g-lab is liable for any potential transport risks.
2. The goods will be ready for dispatch on or after the day following your order. Unless agreed otherwise, delivery will be made within 1 to 5 business days to the shipment address specified by customer, depending on the shipment method and place of delivery chosen. If payment in advance was chosen as payment option, the goods will be dispatched only after the full purchase price has been credited to our account.
4. Shipping costs
|Germany||DHL Standard||0,00 EUR|
|Germany||DHL Express||19,00 EUR|
|Österreich, Holland, Belgien, Luxemburg, Frankreich, Monaco, Italien, Spanien, Andorra, Finnland||DHL Standard||15,00 EUR|
Shipping costs will be incurred only once for deliveries in instalments.
§ 8 Payment; default in payment; setoff; right of retention
1. Accepted methods of payment
Please pay for your g-lab order in Germany by:
- payment on account (D/AT)
- Master Card
- Sofortüberweisung (D/AT)
All payments and credit notes will be handled in the currency chosen for the purchase (see also currencies).
2. Payment using a promotion code
2.1 When making a purchase using a promotion code, simply enter the promotion code in the designated field at checkout. Click on "add code" in the last step of the checkout. If the order amount exceeds the promotion code balance, please select the payment method with which you wish to cover the amount remaining.
The customer is barred from a set-off if the counter claim has no legal backing, was not unanimously decided upon, and is not undisputed or if a separate claim for damages is covered in the same sales contract.
4. Right of retention for commercial transactions
In mercantile trade, the right to the retention of goods and a service disclaimer by the customer cannot be enforced, with the exception of undisputed, legally determined counter claims or claims for damages covered in the same sales contract.
§ 9 Retention of title
The goods delivered remain property of g-lab until full payment has been made.
§ 10 Inquiries, complaints
For any inquiries about your order or complaints, please contact our Customer Care Team:
Phone: +49 211 436 1670
Fax: +49 211 436 167 27
§ 11 Warranty
Claims based on defects in the delivered goods shall be governed by the applicable legal provisions, to the exception that any claims for damages relating to defects shall be subject exclusively to section 12 below.
§ 12 Liability
1. We accept unlimited liability for damage caused by intent or gross negligence. Our liability for breaches by ordinary negligence of any major obligations or secondary obligations whose breach puts the achievement of the contractual purpose at risk or whose fulfilment is essential to the due and proper performance of the contract and whose fulfilment customer could reasonably rely upon ("essential obligation"), shall be limited to foreseeable damage characteristic for the contract. We accept no liability for any breach by ordinary negligence of contractual obligations which are not essential obligations.
2. Nothing in this shall prejudice our liability in the event of fraudulent concealment of defects or a guarantee as to quality, for claims based on the Product Liability Act, and for damage caused by injury to life, limb or health. This shall not entail a reversal of the burden of proof to customer's disadvantage.
3. To the exception of claims based on tort, any claims for damages of customer for which our liability is limited hereunder, shall become time-barred one year after the commencement of the statutory limitation period.
4. Any exclusion or limitation of the liability of g-lab shall extend also to the personal liability of its employees, members of staff, representatives and vicarious agents.
§ 13 Governing law, severability
1. All legal disputes arising out of or in connection with a purchase contract shall be governed exclusively by German law to the exclusion of the UN Sales Convention.
2. If any provision is invalid, nothing in this shall prejudice the validity of the remaining provisions hereof.
g-lab reserves the right to assign to Third Parties any of its risen purchase price claims including any due partial payment rates and fees that resulted in relation of the delivery of goods.
As well as g-lab reserves the right to pledge above mentioned due claims to Third Parties.
§ 14 Rights on images
All rights on images at www.g-lab.com are up to g-lab and its subsidiaries. Usage without explicit agreement is not allowed.
§ 15 Imprint
g-lab GmbH / www.g-lab.com
Gladbacher Straße 78
D - 40129 Düsseldorf
Montag - Freitag 10.00 - 17.00 Uhr (CET)
+49 211 43 61 67 0
General Manager: Björn Gericke
HRB 48190 Düsseldorf
VAT-ID: DE 813763165
Data protection and security
The protection of your personal data and your privacy is incredibly important to us. The purpose of this policy is to fully inform you on how we handle your personal data.
Data controller, data protection officer
g-lab GmbH, Gladbacher Str. 78, D 40219 Düsseldorf, Germany is responsible for your privacy protection and is the official service provider. If you have questions regarding our website, the following information, or if you would like to contact our privacy protection representative, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Definition of personal data
"Personal data" are defined by law as "information concerning the personal or material circumstances of an identified or identifiable natural person". This includes, for example, information such as an individual's name, address and email address, as well as any other information that can be attributed to a particular individual.
Collection and use of personal data
During registration for your customer account, we collect and implement your personal data in order to finalize the order process, as well as customize your personal shopping experience. Your data will be transmitted to third parties only as required to perform the contract or for billing purposes. For example, the service providers we employ in the handling of orders (e.g., carriers, payment service providers, banks) will be provided with the data necessary for completing your order.
In subscribing for a newsletter you agree that g-lab GmbH, Gladbacher Str. 78, 40219 Düsseldorf may use the data you entered to inform you by e-mail about the contents and/or products selected by you. You may revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future, either by written notice to g-lab GmbH, Gladbacher Str. 78, 40219 Düsseldorf or by email to email@example.com. You may also unsubscribe from any newsletter via the link provided at the end of each newsletter. We transfer your data to our service providers only for data administration and hosting purposes.
In connection with our newsletter mailings, we may utilise user data to create anonymous user profiles for purposes of market research, advertising or customised newsletter contents. As part of certain marketing activities, our service providers may obtain necessary data to process orders. They reserve the right to use this information only for their designated activities and are prohibited from sharing it with unauthorised third parties. You may object to any such use of your data by notice via post, fax, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org, in no particular format.
Further, we collect, process and use address and order data for our own marketing purposes. You may object to any such use, processing and transfer of your personal data for marketing purposes at any time by notice via post, fax, or email to email@example.com in no particular format.
We also collect and use the data you submit to us when using the contact form, for the purpose of processing your inquiries.
Use of Google Analytics
The IP address transmitted by your browser in connection with Google Analytics will not be connected with other Google data. You may prevent the storage of such cookies by adjusting your browser settings accordingly. You may also prevent the recording of the data generated by the cookie and concerning your usage of the website (including your IP address) by Google and to the processing of such data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available via the following link.
Use of social plugins
We use social plugins of several providers on our website in the respective standard plugin:
- The Facebook “Like" button of Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA. The button is marked with the Facebook logo and the addition "Gefällt mir" ("Like").
- The "+1" button of Google+ (Google Plus) of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, California, 94043 USA.
- The social plugin of Twitter, operated by Twitter, Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA.
- The social plugin of the website Pinterest.
When you access one of our websites containing any of the above plugins, the plugin provider may store a cookie in your browser. We have no control over the scope of the data collected by the provider by means of the plugin.
The plugins may provide their hosts with information such as the date and time of your visit to our websites, your IP address, or the type of browser you use. If you are logged on to your account with the plugin provider while visiting our websites, the provider may match this information and any data you enter, should you interact with the plugins, to your user account, for instance if you click the corresponding button on our website or post a comment. Your recommendations or comments may be displayed as information, together with your profile name and photograph, in the relevant provider's service, for instance in search results or in your user profile, or at other places on websites and in advertisements on the internet.
If you are not a member of the relevant provider's service, the provider may under certain circumstances nevertheless obtain and store your IP address.
For the purpose and scope of the data collection and further processing and use of your data by the provider as well as your related rights and opt-out possibilities to protect your privacy, please see the privacy policies of Facebook, of Google+, of Twitter, and of Pinterest.
If you are a member of the relevant service and do not wish the service provider to collect data on you via our websites and connect them with the member data stored by the provider, you have to log off from your account with the provider before visiting our internet sites.
Storage, correction, deletion and deactivation of your personal data
You may at any time view, modify and delete the data in your customer account which you entered for your registration. Data that are still required to complete the services requested by you, especially the performance and completion of contracts, cannot be deleted. The data will be deactivated upon termination of the contract, and furthermore will be deleted once the applicable retention period provided by law or contract has expired.
To request information or any correction or deletion of data, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to g-lab GmbH, Gladbacher Str. 78, 40219 Düsseldorf, stating your name and your contact details.